Bird of Paradise plant which has an Exotic flower can make you feel happy with its vibrant color and tropical feel. The bird of paradise has large green leaves which is good for air circulation and purification due to their size. Sure to attract everyone s attention when it blooms, the Bird of Paradise plant is one of the most spectacular flowering plants.
What makes it special:
- Hardy flowering plant
- Easy to grow
- Low maintenance plant.
|1||Bird of Paradise – Plant|
|2||6 inch (15 cm)|
Interesting Fact: Bird of Paradise (Strelitzia) is a tropical evergreen that features colorful flowers reminiscent of tropical birds. It flowers come in a variety of colo The flowers emerge from stiff, greenish to reddish-purple, beak-like spathes on long, stout stalks above the foliage. The tough, leathery, green leaves are similar to bananas and are attractive as well. The large leaves range between 12 and 18 inches long.
|Plant Height||12 inch (30 cm)|
|Plant Spread||6 inch (15 cm)|
|Common Name||Bird of Paradise, Bird-of-paradise, Bird of Paradise Flower, Crane Flower, Crane Lily, Strelitzia reginae|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 5 feet|
|Flower Colour||Mix color|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Keep the plant in full to partial sunlight area.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Bird Of Paradise Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Full to partial sunlight|
|Soil||Sandy loam soil|
|Temperature||20 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer||Apply organic fertilizer|
Bird Of Paradise Special Feature
Bird Of Paradise Uses
- The plant is used for an ornamental purpose
There are no reviews yet.