Pumpkin is with a very nutritious property. There are many types of Pumpkins, that can grow in various types of climatic conditions. Pumpkins are heavy feeders. Regular treatments of manure or compost mixed with water will sustain good growth.
|Common Name||fluted gourd, fluted pumpkin|
|Height||1.5 to 15 ft|
|Bloom Time||Summer, spring|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Pumpkins are very thirsty plants and need lots of water
- Water one inch per week
- Water deeply, especially during fruit set
- Pinch off the fuzzy ends of each vine after a few pumpkins have formed
- Bees are essential for pollination, so be mindful when using insecticides to kill pests
- Pumpkins do best when the seeds are directly planted in the ground
|Soil||well-drained soil, fertile, loose soil, high in organic matter with pH between 5.8 and 6.8|
|Temperature||20 to 30 degree C|
|Fertilizer||Use any organic fertilizer|
|Harvest Season||Summer, Spring|
Pumpkin Special Feature
Pumpkins are cultivated in the very warm condition, which can also resist in cold temperature.
- Rich the source of vitamin A and potassium
- Tender leaves and mature fruit are used for cooking purpose
- The cooked pulp is fabulous in pies, sweet preparation cookies, bread, soups, appetizers, main dishes
There are no reviews yet.