For the indoor grower looking for a tree type plant species with attractive foliage which can grow from 1ft to over 8ft tall, this is an excellent choice.
|1||Rubber Tree, Rubber Plant, Ficus elastica (Black Prince, Burgundy) – Plant|
|2||5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
The rubber plant is a popular ornamental plant from the Ficus genus. In its natural habitat it grows over 30 meters tall, however, the varieties grown indoors are a much more manageable height.
|Common Name||Rubber Plant Blace Prince, Indian Rubber Plant,Ficus elastica decora rubra, Ficus black prince|
|Maximum Reachable Height||1.5 to 3 feet|
|Bloom Time||Rarely flowers indoor|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Planted in warm areas of the world for fruit, shade, and ornamentals.
- Once the rubber plant has grown to the height you want it to grow up to, you can cut the top off.
- Water thoroughly but do not over water.
- Apply balance NPK fertilizer and FYM thrice a year.
- Remove infected plant parts.
- Try to keep in bright sunlight, give direct sunlight at least twice a month.
Rubber Tree Care
Bright light required. Plants can take direct sunlight too. But do not place plants from low light to direct sunlight – they will get scorched. Move them gradually.
Sunlight Partial sun, Requires shade Watering Medium Soil Loamy well-drained soil Temperature 20 to 40 degrees C Fertilizer Use any organic fertilizer
Rubber Tree Special Feature
The rubber plant is all about having a small tree indoors with broad shiny attractive leaves.
Rubber Tree Uses
- Used for decorations in homes, shops and offices
- Good to keep inside homes and terraces
There are no reviews yet.